Sunday, September 26, 2010

Early Bird Brides Avoid Last Minute Disappointments

Having just started in business earlier this year with The Perfect Day Miramichi, an event and party rental business, I was really unsure how seasons for parties/weddings ran.  Most of my customers for 2010
were brides wanting decor items for weddings, or for pre wedding or post destination wedding receptions. They started calling and getting quotes in late winter/early spring for dates ranging from one month to nine months away. I worked under less than desirable conditions, due for the most part to lack of planning and limited space to get organized in, but knew the next season was going to be different!





With most of this season's bookings now over with, and only a New Year's Eve wedding left to deal with, I was anticipating some down time to plan my direction for next year. I was going to get my stock all in order, design and build a new office space in an unused bedroom, spiff up my website, etc etc etc. When the new year started, I was going to be ready!!

 But I underestimated the power of word of mouth and free advertising. Within a week of my last wedding rentals, I got a call from a bride getting married exactly a year later, at the same venue, wanting to book rentals for her special day. She was a friend of my bride and had looked at the wedding pictures posted by friends and family as she was unable to make it home for the wedding. A short while later a bride called wanting to rent specific colours for her New Year's Eve wedding but had to leave disappointed as the items she wanted were already booked. Later that same day I opened emails from 2 brides wanting to book for June and July next year! 3 of the 4 brides had seen my rentals either at actual weddings or photos on my facebook page (or someone else's) or my website http://www.theperfectdaymiramichi.com/

Brides are organized, know exactly what they like, and are willing to work with you to make sure they get the exact look they want. With the abundance of pictures of wedding venues and all parts thereof on the internet, brides can make a collage of their dream for their "Perfect Day" and start searching early for the components they just can't do without. And with the popularity of big family weddings once again, it takes more than a few weeks to put together their special day! So planning early is a must to avoid disappointment!

For help in planning and ideas for your perfect day, check out  my website at:
www.theperfectdaymiramichi.com

So, onward to 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment